Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways #5


The Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways Wednesday Blog Hop


Welcome to Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways Wednesday, this is a blog hop! It is my hope that together we can create an amazing collection of frugal and sustainable ideas that will be an excellent resource for all of our readers. Please feel free to link-up and share as many posts as you would like pertaining to:
  • Homesteading Notions
  • Anything DIY or Homemade
  • Frugal Recipes (we like real food 'round here)
  • Preparedness/Survival
  • Repurposed Projects
  • Upcycled Frugal Finds
  • Animal Care
  • Natural Gardening Tips
  • Herbal Remedies
  • Green Cleaners

The list could go on...

Basically, anything that you think will build and encourage our community.

This Week's Featured Posts

I want to say a big, huge thank you to all of you who participated last week! What a great resource and inspiration this is becoming! Here are the most clicked on posts, in order, from last week:


1. Homemade Deodorant. Written by Alix of Blessed In Homemaking.


2. Homemade Christmas Presents. Written by Sarah of Nourished and Nurtured.



3. Pimple Buster. Written by Pam of Ramblings of a Happy Homemaker.


Congratulations!!! Please feel free to grab my "featured" button below and place it within your post or on your side bar.






Please Note: I share my personal favorites on my facebook page throughout the week!

It's Time To Share Your Posts

Bloggers, use the linky tool on the bottom of this post to share your best post. Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts you have concerning frugal and/or sustainable living. Every week I will be featuring the most viewed posts so link-up your best ones:)

When linking your posts, there are only a couple simple guidelines I'd like for you to follow:

1. Remain sensitive to the mission of Frugally Sustainable. Frugally Sustainable exists to be a resource for all things frugal and sustainable. Therefore, in order to maintain the integrity of the mission, share your best posts - old or new - on anything pertaining to frugality and sustainability.

2. Please link your posts back to our blog hop. It's pretty standard blog hop courtesy. And, most importantly, linking back here helps build our little community by sending your readers to all of the other posts shared. Grab the Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways button below by installing the html into your post. Or simply create a text link somewhere:)





What will you share this week? I am so looking forward to your submissions! Remember: My favorite posts will be shared on my facebook page!!!


Here we go!

15 Comments:

At December 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Family Balance Sheet said...

Thanks for the reminder email. I linked up a hearty soup recipe: http://www.familybalancesheet.org/2011/12/chunky-potato-and-leek-soup.html

 
At December 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Jo's Health Corner/www.naturallysports.com said...

Thanks for hosting!
I'm sharing quick and easy soap and body lotion recipes as well as some frugal and easy ways to make eye products.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Jessica @ Delicious Obsessions said...

Thanks for hosting! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week! :)

 
At December 13, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Joybilee Farm said...

Thanks for hosting. I'm sharing the Sustainable Christmas Stocking Challenge that has 15 diy gifts for the kids and grand kids on your list.

 
At December 14, 2011 at 3:15 AM , Anonymous Jill@ RealFoodForager.com said...

Hi,
I shared my famous grain-free party franks and an action alert for supplements at risk in congress now. Please sign the petition!

I also shared an article about an ethical debate about whether or not pediatricians should treat their unvaccinated patients. Lastly, a list of my favorite holiday gift ideas

Thanks for hosting!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 5:03 AM , Blogger Rebekah Greiman said...

Good Morning! I have been making gifts for Christmas this year. My family is very much into this-maybe yours is too….
I linked up my DIY Family Board Game that is all about YOUR family-whoever YOU are! Thanks for hosting and have a great Wesnesday!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous Presto Deep Fryer | toolsforkitchens said...

Hi, Andrea. Thank you for visiting toolsforkitchens and for inviting me to your party! This is my first time here and I just posted three recipes that are frugal and applicable to sustainable living. I shared a sauerkraut recipe, a Lithuanian kugelis recipe, and a Lithuanian skilandis recipe today. Thank you for hosting us and have a great week!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Michelle Maskaly said...

Hi!

I came across your blog from someone else's link to it and love it. Glad I found it :)

Thanks for hosting!

Michelle

 
At December 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Laurie Neverman, The Common Sense Woman said...

Thanks for hosting! Today I linked up a post on root cellar, including storage specifications for many common garden crops: http://commonsensehomesteading.blogspot.com/2010/09/root-cellars-101.html

Never too early to start planning for the next harvest. :-)

 
At December 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous Joy at The Liberated Kitchen said...

Making your own condiments is a great way to save money! I posted our Lactofermented Mayonnaise. http://theliberatedkitchenpdx.com/recipes/lactofermented-mayonnaise/
Thanks for hosting!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous Stacy Makes Cents said...

Once again, thanks for hosting. :-) I hope to get around to making my own deodorant one day - when I convince the husband. ;-)

 
At December 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Marina said...

I am linking up a recipe from liver - liver cakes, very easy to make, like making crepes.

 
At December 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Marina said...

i am posting a link to my blog post where you will have a chance to win (2 chances) a organic tea gift certificate!!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Colleen said...

Hi - thanks for this blog hop, I appreciate you visiting my blog and posted my recipe for Salsa Chicken

 
At December 14, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Anonymous Dawn said...

Thanks for hosting! I've posted my recipe for homemade laundry detergent. Did you know that name brand detergents and fabric softeners contain carcinogens and other toxic chemicals that don't have to be listed on the bottle? This recipe is safer, cheaper and works as well as the name brands and BETTER than a lot of eco brands. Enjoy!

http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/2011/12/14/homemade-laundry-detergent/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home